Sunday, December 7, 2008

News Story on Amateur Fight Night Controversy in SF

Click here for story

I've been to a fight night similar to this in DC, for charity with high-dollar tickets and black-tie. The even did raise some cash, but I'm not sure where it went. The atmosphere was a little weird, but maybe that's just because 99% of the shows have the same audiences and venues - and it was just so different. Anyone from this area have an opinion on this particular event? I tend not to believe everything I see in the news. I've been on the other end of misleading reporting . . .

-Never heard of the "no ring girls" rule. I've seen them often at shows and sometimes wearing less than in this report.
-No parents allowed definitely would fly for me as a parent or a coach
-$5000 for a boxing club to clear for a night is a lot of money
-Pretty crazy that the guys says he puts the $20K fee back into his boxing club that has no boxers.

No comments: